Upon your arrest on a DUI charge, there are many things that you stand to lose, such as money, time and reputation. You could also get your driving license revoked and in some situations, go to jail for a few years. It is scary, right? Once you are convicted, your insurance rates will shoot through the sky and in some states you need to lease a breathalyzer for your vehicle. How a breathalyzer works is, you will need to blow into it first before you can start driving. If it detects alcohol or other substances, the engine would not start and you need to get a taxi or someone else to drive you. To make sure that this does not happen to you, you need to find a remarkable lawyer as your representative. Below are some tips that can help you find such a lawyer:
1. Know how much you can pay:Before hiring some one, make sure you know how much you are willing to spend on them? A good lawyer will cost approximately $ 1,500 and above, so you need to know how much you can spend on your defense. Remember, you get what you pay for, so if you want to be cheap, don’t think you are going to get the best lawyer in the world.
2. Ask friends and family:find out if anyone you know has been in a similar situation. Who did they call? What happened to their case and if they were happy with the services provided? Even if you are referred to a lawyer who does not specialize in DUI Cases, chances are this lawyer might know someone who is willing to take your case.
3. Check with your local bar association:call up your local bar association to get a list of registered lawyers in your area. This is a good idea as you will also know that your prospective lawyer is approved and registered with the bar association.
4. Search online:most firms will have their own websites, advertising their services. You can also search in online blogs or chat rooms about which lawyer and firm to choose. There are also sites that rate the services of these firms so you know which would be the best.
5. Set up a meeting: Once you have decided on the best 3 or 5 lawyers, arrange a meeting with them. Since most firms offer free consultation for the first appointment, this would be the best time to decide how good (or bad) do you work with each other. Have a list of questions that could help you decide on choosing the lawyer and about your case ready during this meeting. Not only will you able to find out more about the lawyer, you will also get more information on your case as well.
After these meetings, you would have a rough idea of who you would like to hire. Make sure you have a notepad ready at hand during these meetings to keep track of what was said and to later help you decide. If you can remember all the tips and practice them when you are searching for a lawyer, then you will be able to get a remarkable lawyer to represent your case.
To find a DUI lawyer to represent your drunk driving legal case, visit http://Ga-DUI-Attorney.com/
Related Pensacola DUI Lawyer Articles